Former Virginia baseball star Ryan Zimmerman returned from the disabled list this week in Major League Baseball. The Nationals activated Zimmerman on Tuesday; he had not played since April 20 due to right shoulder inflammation.
In 16 games this season, Zimmerman has posted 14 hits in 62 at-bats (.226 batting average). He has scored 11 runs and recorded 7 RBI for Washington. You can keep up with Zimmerman’s stats at this link.
The Washington Post wondered where Zimmerman would slide into the batting order upon his return.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Virginia men’s basketball team picked up a commitment from Lexington, Kentucky, combo guard Taylor Barnette at the end of last week. Here’s a highlight video for Barnette.
- The football board has a couple of update threads on Chase Minnifield and Rodney McLeod. And an old rival fan poked in to talk about UVa and TCU.
- There’s a pair of conversations on rival UNC here and here (EDGE).
- The men’s basketball board has a thread on recruit Matt Thomas, a 2013 guard out of Wisconsin. There are also conversations here and here about coach Tony Bennett’s desire to be a long-tenured ACC coach. Bennett, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reports, just signed an extension through 2019. There’s a thread on that too. Plus, this thread is talking about Justin Anderson.
- The baseball team is back in action after the exam break with a game against High Point tonight. Read TimoniumHoo’s scouting report and this thread on Scott Silverstein starting. There’s also some chatter about the ACC Tournament field.
- OUrulesU thinks the recent break should help the UVa men’s lacrosse team.
- The variety of The Corner board is evident in today’s links. Here’s one on a Civil War buckle and one on a World War I uniform. Other topics include plumbing help, The Avengers, and cars here and here.
This new portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet comes from @wahoovoice. Dave Koehn is the Voice of the Cavaliers.
The picture that Koehn included with that tweet follows. Anyone interested in volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Central Blue Ridge can click here for more information.