The ACC announced the scheduled times for Virginia’s first three football contests of 2012 on Thursday. All three of those games are being offered on television.
The Cavaliers open at home on Saturday, Sept. 1 against Richmond. That game is set for 3 p.m. and will be televised by Regional Sports Networks. The Saturday, Sept. 8 Scott Stadium contest with Penn State is set at noon and will be carried by ABC. The Hoos’ game at Georgia Tech on Saturday, Sept. 15 will start at 3:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPNU.
These announcements mean that the times and television schedule have been set for 4 of the 12 games in 2012. UVa’s Thursday night home game against North Carolina on Nov. 15 is on ESPN at 7:30 p.m.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. With the schedule announcement above, today’s pick features Virginia running back Perry Jones and highlights from his 2011 season.
- Ocean Lakes High School quarterback Corwin “Turtle” Cutler committed to Virginia on Wednesday. There’s a great EDGE board thread on quarterback recruiting here.
- The football board has a thread going about Bill Lazor and QB coaching too – click here. Plus, there’s this interesting conversation about ODU’s Conference USA move and its impact on UVa and VT.
- On the basketball board, there’s a recruiting thread booming here. Recruit Stanford Robinson made his college selection as well. Plus, there are posts about some ESPN pub for UVa and Iowa State dropping off the schedule this season.
- The baseball team has a great record against Maryland; see just how great here.
- Lacrosse fans are talking about the Notre Dame matchup, Chris LaPierre, and UVa’s offense.
- Follow the men’s golf team in the NCAA Regional here.
- The Corner is talking about the losses of Jim Henson and Sammy Davis Jr. and Donna Summer. Plus, there are threads on home appraisers, Media General selling the RTD and Daily Progress, and travel to Asia.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s tweet comes from @Whit_Neuhauser. Whitney Neuhauser played golf at UVa and is now a professional golfer on the LPGA Futures Tour.