The Virginia women’s basketball is set to face Minnesota in the 2012 ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The Cavaliers travel to play the Golden Gophers on Thursday, Nov. 29. Other matchups in the event include Ohio State at North Carolina, Iowa at Florida State, Wisconsin at Virginia Tech, Duke at Michigan, Maryland at Nebraska, Georgia Tech at Purdue, Clemson at Indiana, Northwestern at Boston College, Penn State at Miami, Michigan State at NC State, and Wake Forest at Illinois.
The Hoos have a 4-1 record all-time in the Challenge. Virginia and Minnesota have played four times previously with the Golden Gophers holding a 3-1 advantage. The teams last played in 2003. Read more about the matchup in this official VirginiaSports.com news release.
If you missed it, the conferences previously announced the men’s ACC/Big Ten Challenge field as well. UVa travels to face Wisconsin on Wednesday, Nov. 28 in a game that will be televised on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU. Read more about the other matchups in this release.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. With the Virginia men’s tennis team playing for the National Championship today against USC, this video from our Sabre.com media partners over at the Charlottesville Newsplex and CBS 19 features Cavalier legend Somdev Devvarman. He won the NCAA singles title twice in his career.
- Speaking of the tennis team’s quest for a National Championship, you can follow today’s action with your fellow Hoos on the tennis message board. There’s also this article from Jeff White over at VirginiaSports.com if you want to read about the match.
- The football message board continues to discuss the ACC and its future. There are threads on UNC’s recent academic issues and old expansion rumors from Texas. There’s also news of UVa’s Rodney McLeod trying to make the roster of the St. Louis Rams here.
- On the basketball front, TheSabre.com’s Mike Ingalls is preparing to interview Hoo hoops standout Jim Miller for an article and he wants fans’ help with questions – just click here to post your question. There’s also this great thread on coach Tony Bennett’s time at the Washington D.C. VAF event.
- Virginia AD Craig Littlepage also spoke at that VAF event and here’s an EDGE thread about that.
- Lacrosse fans might be interested in discussing what “the missing piece” was for this year’s UVa squad. Click here to join the conversation.
- The Corner variety pack today includes threads on Kurieg coffee machines, Diamond dog food for puppies, King’s Dominion, and Boston travel. There’s also this trivia challenge thread for TV lovers.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s tweet comes from @MitchellHFrank. Mitchell Frank plays No. 3 singles for the Virginia men’s tennis team.
@MitchellHFrank: National Championship match today! What a great day to be representing UVA on the court. #Hoos