The baseball message board features a post from a player’s parent today. We want to highlight it here:
I just wanted to thank everyone for the support you’ve provide my sons (Keith and Kyle) over the past 10 years. It has been one heck of a ride and I have enjoyed every second.
The memories these teams have provided will last a lifetime and as everyone knows, the program is in excellent shape with O’Connor at the helm.
Thanks again to the coaching staff, the fans, the ushers, and everyone involved with the program. I’ve had the time of my life.
See you all next fall.
Read the thread and comment, if you like, here.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. Today’s video features NBA hopeful Mike Scott. He worked out with the Indiana Pacers on Monday and the organization tweeted this video.
- The EDGE board contains a couple of good threads on the recruiting strategy for basketball and a couple of weekend football recruiting visits.
- HoosBroadStripes provided a good recruiting grades nugget on the basketball board.
- The football board has a reseating thread and lots of talk about, you guessed it, conference realignment and college football playoffs.
- The baseball board features interesting threads on UVa’s pitchers and their pro prospects (click here) and Sean Doolittle getting a Major League call-up (click here).
- The lacrosse board has a thread on Carlson Milikin, a Woodberry Forest product.
- The Corner features threads on Game of Thrones (here and here) and Mad Men (here) for any TV watchers out there (as always, don’t click if you don’t want spoilers!). There are also threads on a Big Green Egg grill, camping, and Disney World.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from UVa Track and Field!
@UVA_Track: Congrats to former UVa star Stephanie Garcia @steph_steeples on breaking the Music City Distance Carnival’s 3k steeplechase record 9:53.14!
Garcia, of course, is also a contributor to TheSabre.com’s exclusive “Beyond The Lawn” series, which follows three Virginia Cavaliers through a year as a professional athlete. Baseball’s Tyler Wilson (Baltimore Orioles), track and field’s Stephanie Marie Garcia (U.S. Olympic hopeful), and football’s Clint Sintim (New York Giants) share their experiences throughout the year. Read Garcia’s latest Sabre article on the Diamond League meet in Shanghai, China, here.