Athlon has started its preseason previews and rankings for the upcoming 2012 football season. Virginia checks in at No. 36 in this article that takes a look at the No. 36-No.45 teams, according to Athlon.
After an 8-5 record and Chick-fil-A Bowl appearance, Athlon hits the challenge for Virginia in 2012 on the nose:
“Building on that momentum will require another stellar coaching job, with several gaps to fill on both sides of the ball and a more difficult nonconference schedule.”
Athlon also took a deeper look at Virginia here.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. May was a good month for Virginia linebacker Steve Greer. Coach Mike London named him a captain for the upcoming season and he was added to the 2012 Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List; the Lott Trophy honors the top collegiate defensive player in the country. With that in mind, today’s video focuses on No. 53 for the Hoos!
- The football board has a thread on Billy Schautz, who is rehabilitating a leg injury. There’s also this thread on UVa quarterback and who will start the Richmond game. Finally, here’s one from a first-time season ticket holder.
- The basketball board is hopping on a Friday. There are threads on UVa recruiting target Matt Thomas visiting Iowa State, a look at Wahoo walk-on recruit Justin Miller, and one on Wahoo walk-on Caid Kirven.
- On the EDGE board, Sabre recruiting guru Chris Horne has updates on St. Christopher’s (Richmond, VA) DL/TE Jack English and Good Counsel OL Sam Mustipher.
- The lacrosse board has some thoughts on 2012 recruits.
- Last but not least, the always entertaining Corner variety pack: a music thread on backing vocals, “I’ll Have Another”‘s exit from the Belmont, a wallet shopper, and the U.S. Open draw for golf fans.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from Caid Kirven (follow him @Caid_Kirven24), a Woodberry Forest school basketball player that is walking on at Virginia.