Heather Dinich over at ESPN.com posted a schedule analysis article for Virginia’s upcoming football season late last week. Her conclusion? “Virginia is going to have to win on the road if it’s going to be a factor in the Coastal Division race, let alone get to a bowl game again.” That makes sense, though most division title winners and bowl game qualifiers have to win on the road to get there.
The meat of the article is broken down into categories. Gut-check time: at Virginia Tech. Trap game: Louisiana Tech. Snoozer: Richmond. Defining stretch: Nov. 10-Nov. 24 (Miami, North Carolina, at Virginia Tech). Make sure to click on the above link to see the thoughts behind those nuggets.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. Today’s pick features Roger Mason Jr., one of the last Hoos to be selected in the NBA Draft. Mason was chosen by the Chicago Bulls in the 2002 NBA Draft. Virginia forward Mike Scott hopes to join the list of draftees in the 2012 NBA Draft on Thursday. In the meantime, here’s a fans’ tribute video for Mason.
- The EDGE subscriber board has two great threads going on the football program. This one is about linebacker recruiting, while this one is about the 2013 recruiting class. One of the best assets for EDGE subscribers is the conversations found on the EDGE board – subscribe today to join the discussion!
- On the football board, there are threads on kickers for 2012, a countdown clock, and the most recent recruit to commit (OL Jack McDonald).
- The basketball board has a thread on recruit Anthony Barber.
- Editor Kris Wright posted a question on the soccer board: Why don’t UVa fans talk about UVa soccer more? There’s also this update on the women’s Under 20 US National Team, coached by the Cavaliers’ Steve Swanson.
- On the other sports board, Stephanie Garcia advanced at the track and field Olympic Trials.
- And, as always, The Corner variety pack: seeking a NOVA Neurologist, battery-powered lamps, toilet paper at Disney World (yes, you read that right), road trips from California, and banking suggestions.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from the Virginia Cavaliers (Follow @VirginiaSports), who provided news on Somdev Devvarman and the upcoming Olympics. Devvarman made the entry list!