The Virginia football program has been busy on the recruiting trail recently. UVa landed 6 commitments in June.
In thinking about the recent rash of commitments, I stumbled across this page from the ACC Sports Journal over at ACCSports.com. It lists all of the Coastal Division commitments by school through Thursday, July 5. To date, according to the lists, Virginia has 15 verbal pledges while Virginia Tech and Duke each have 12. Georgia Tech and UNC have received 10 commitments each, while Miami has 8. The good news for the Hurricanes is that half of those recruits currently are ranked with 4 stars, the most of any school in the Coastal Division currently.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. Today’s pick features Alecko Eskandarian, former Cavalier and D.C. United soccer star. Eskandarian is celebrating his birthday today and his Twitter fans love this video.
- There’s some good news on recruit Taquan Mizzell (see below) on the football board. Here’s the discussion thread. There’s also this thread on the late Dr. Frank McCue.
- This Jeff White article sparked this men’s basketball board thread on the Hoos’ upcoming trip to Europe.
- The baseball board tracks current Hoos in the pros. Here’s a thread on Ryan Zimmerman.
- The soccer board is talking about some UVa roster losses here.
- UVAWahooo11 made this post on the lacrosse board concerning a thesis and declining attendance at Final Four weekend.
- The Corner variety pack: constipation, a trip to Philadelphia, a trip to Smith Mountain Lake, a trip to Winnipesaukee, beer, and cell phone recommendations.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from Virginia football recruiting target Taquan Mizzell (follow @Smokee_4).
@Smokee_4: Just cut my list again now to five … 1.UVA 2.WVA 3.Clemson 4. Notre Dame 5. Ohio State … ready to get this over with