Matt Schaub, former Virginia and current Houston Texans quarterback, has been active in the Houston community this week. Of course, that’s part of his M.O. Look no further than the Gr8 Hope Foundation for more about how Schaub and his wife Laurie give back to the community.
The Gr8 Hope Foundation just donated a $200,000 check to the Texas Children’s Hospital on Monday (read more about that here). Here’s a Sabre message board thread on the donation. On Tuesday, Schaub Tweeted that he (along with other Texans) had visited with a local fire station: “Very honored to have had lunch with the incredible firefighters at Fire Station #8″.
Interested in former players’ web sites or charities? The Sabre lists them as they’re discovered. Just click here. If you know of one that’s missing, just let the staff know and we’ll add it to the page!
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. Today’s pick is a highlight package of Matt Schaub’s 2011 season with the Texans.
- On the EDGE subscribers board, there’s this thread on football recruit Taquan Mizzell.
- The football board has an ACC orientation thread for Syracuse, who will join the league in 2013. There’s also this conversation about the UVa QB race.
- The basketball board has numerous threads going. This one is on potential transfer Jake O’Brien. This one is about 504-C Brandon’s 2012-13 projections for ACC teams. This one is a poll-style thread about which freshman will be the leading scorer for the incoming class. Finally, this one discusses UVa’s low post outlook for the upcoming season.
- For anyone interested, Clark provided a link to the college coaching changes in this tennis board thread.
- The Corner variety pack: a right to work state, , a hot wing challenge, legal advice on car accident/injuries, traveling to Turks & Caicos, and picks to win The Open golf major this week.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from Virginia head football coach Mike London (follow @CoachMikeLondon).
@CoachMikeLondon: Getting excited. First practice in 20 days. #gohoos