ACC Blogger has posted its Virginia preview for the 2012 season. ACC Blogger projects UVa to finish fourth in the ACC’s Coastal Division with an 8-4 record, which includes a 5-3 mark in the league.
The author Brandon Rink sees a potential quarterback competition developing at Virginia. He wrote that Michael “Rocco was steady but unspectacular last season” and that Alabama transfer Phillip Sims could create a QB competition for the starting nod. As for Rink’s projected fourth-place finish, he believes road trips to Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech are the hurdle to a better finish because those two programs are the only two to date to win the Coastal.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. Today’s pick features highlights from the 1995 Peach Bowl where Virginia defeated Georgia, 34-27. The video is courtesy of Sabre poster and From Old Virginia blogger MaizeAndBlueWahoo.
- On the EDGE board, Chris Horne has an update on football recruit Taquan Mizzell here. There’s also this recruiting thread on UVa commit Sadiq Olanrewaju.
- On the football board, there is this thread on the Miami program (the Hurricanes just dismissed safety Ray Ray Armstrong from the team). Poster chicken is also conducting his annual season prediction poll here. Finally, check out this thread about football program values.
- The men’s basketball board has threads on UVa’s walk-ons and Athlon’s ACC coaching rankings.
- The women’s basketball board is excited about a 2013 recruiting commitment from Sydney Umeri. Also, poster gldwrth made an in-depth ACC recruiting post.
- The Corner variety pack: Nelson Mandela’s birthday, Kenney burgers, what days to fly the cheapest, not washing your hands in the bathroom, and picking a tent.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from Dan Duggan (follow @DDuggan21), a Boston Herald sports reporter that Tweeted an update on a potential transfer for the UVa men’s basketball program. Jake O’Brien is set to be a senior forward this coming season.
@DDuggan21: BU transfer Jake O’Brien hopes to make his decision by next week. Plans to visit BC, Providence, UVA and Temple. Ohio St. a possibility.