The Virginia men’s basketball team is scheduled for a foreign tour of games next month. The Hoos will play five games from August 6-16 in Belgium, France, and The Netherlands.
The schedule follows.
- Aug. 8 and Aug. 9, 8 p.m. (2 p.m. ET), vs. Netherlands B team in Amsterdam.
- Aug. 11, 7:30 p.m. (1:30 p.m. ET), vs. club team Gembo in Belgium.
- Aug. 13 and 14, 7 p.m. (1 p.m. ET) vs. AMW Team France in Paris.
Read the official release here.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. This Friday, the 2012 Olympics open in London so this week The Afternoon Break is featuring Dawn Staley in the video section. Staley, who was inducted into the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame in early June, is a three-time Olympic gold medalist (1996, 2000, 2004) and she carried the flag for the USA in the opening ceremony for the 2004 Olympics.
- On the football board, there are threads on ESPN radio love for Mike London and UVa cornhole sets.
- On the basketball board, talk about the Europe trip here and here.
- There’s a thread starting on a UVa alumni lacrosse team here.
- Talk about UVa’s new assistant track and field coach here.
- The Corner variety pack: credit cards, a poll on office jobs, Hilton Head dining, and Outer Banks dining.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from UVa’s Twitter feed (follow @UVA). The Sabre’s Corner message board was a whirlwind of discussion during the BOV/President Sullivan events of the summer. This Tweet talks about plans to document the story.
@UVA: 17 Days that Shook UVA — Library, Course Aim to Preserve Event for Historic Record. http://bit.ly/PxITjY