Some fans had asked about the open practice times for the Virginia football team. UVa announced the information on Tuesday.
The Cavaliers will hold practices open to the general public for six consecutive days beginning with the first fall practice on Monday, Aug. 6. The team added a Saturday practice as well, giving fans a chance to see the team Monday-Saturday next week. Admission is free. Times and locations are subject to change due to weather conditions. Each practice lasts approximately 2 hours.
Here’s the schedule with practice locations:
- Monday, August 6 – The Park, 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 7 – The Park, 3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 8 – The Park, 3:45 p.m.
- Thursday, August 9 – The Park, 3:45 p.m.
- Friday, August 10 – The Park,3:45 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11 – Scott Stadium, 4 p.m.
The Park is located at 1015 Massie Road. For practices held at The Park, fans may park for free in the facility’s main parking lot. Additional parking for these practices is located in the D-3 parking lot in front of the Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) School off Massie Road. For the practice at Scott Stadium, fans can park for free in the venue’s west parking lot and enter the facility through the west gate.
For the full Virginia news release, click here.
Hoo-Tube Video Of The Day
The Afternoon Break includes a daily video. Football season is closing in so why not get fired up with a performance from the Cavalier Marching Band.
- On the EDGE board, threads popped up on Daquan Romero and UVa’s linebackers and some Chris Horne recruiting notes.
- On the football board, there are threads on VirginiaSports.com’s new look, the Penn State game, and Greg Reid’s dismissal from FSU.
- On the men’s basketball board, you’ll find a Sammy Zeglinski and Assane Sene thread as well as this one on the Preseason NIT.
- There’s a Lauren Perdue thread on the Olympic Sports board.
- The Corner variety pack: Bruce Springsteen, Boston dining suggestions, UVa’s Lauren Perdue and LeBron James, and Charleston public golf courses.
This portion of the break looks at TheSabre.com’s favorite Twitter retweet of the day. Follow @thesabre.
Today’s retweet is from The Roanoke Times’ Doug Doughty (follow @DDoughtyOnAir).
@DDoughtyOnAir: Sounds like basketball transfer Jake O’Brien will come down to Temple or UVa. Good visit today could seal it for Cavs.