A number of talented prospects were on hand to see Virginia take on Maryland in Scott Stadium yesterday. Here is the list of those we confirmed:
- West Catholic (Philadelphia, PA) senior offensive lineman Jaryd Jones-Smith was in on an official visit. Jones-Smith has been offered by UVa and is also considering offers from N.C. State and Pittsburgh.
- University of Virginia class of 2013 commitments Corwin “Turtle” Cutler (QB, Ocean Lakes (Virginia Beach, VA)), Kirk Garner (CB, Good Counsel (Olney, MD)), Brad Henson Jr. (OL, Monsignor Donovan (Toms River, N.J.), and Andre Levrone Jr. (WR, Good Counsel (Olney, MD)). Max Valles, who signed with the Cavaliers last February, was also in attendance. The 6’5″, 210-pound TE/DE graduated from St. Joseph (Hammonton, N.J.) but is in a postgraduate year at Fork Union Military Academy.
- A group of Ocean Lakes (Virginia Beach, VA) prospects accompanied Cutler and were on hand to former Dolphins standout Eli Harold come through with the biggest game of his young career (3 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble). Class of 2015 star athlete Jaason Lewis, a 6’3″, 220-pound prospect with early offers from Virginia and Virginia Tech, was part of the group.
- Good Counsel (Olney, MD) senior CJ Jones was in Charlottesville as well on Saturday. The standout senior, a safety last year, is showing well at outside linebacker this season and may be creeping back into the Cavaliers’ radar according to teammate Levrone, Jr. Jones reportedly had an offer from UVa early on.
- Fort Chiswell (VA) junior offensive lineman Coleman Thomas may have been in attendance as well, but I will confirm this week. UVa is rumored to have offered the promising prospect.