Here are some of the notable recruits TheSabre.com confirmed to have been in Scott Stadium for last night’s match-up between Virginia and North Carolina.
- Taquan “Smoke” Mizzell, RB, Bayside (Virginia Beach, VA), Class of 2013
Mizzell, Bayside’s dynamic 5-star running back, is one of 18 high school seniors that have committed to the Cavaliers. Mizzell’s teammate, uncommitted senior quarterback Deion Stitt, was in attendance as well. UVa has not offered Stitt.
- Jack English, TE/DT, St. Christopher’s (Richmond, VA), Class of 2013
English has also committed to UVa. He could play defensive tackle or tight end next season.
- Mike Grimm, OT, Bethel Park (PA), Class of 2014
To our knowledge, UVa has not yet offered Grimm. It wouldn’t be a surprise, though, to see him gain an offer down the road. Grimm has been offered by Youngstown State and Pitt. Read more on this talented junior by clicking here.
- CJ Reavis, S/WR, Thomas Dale (Chester, VA), Class of 2014
UVa is one of a handful of offers the Knights junior is considering. Virginia Tech, which has also offered, is thought to be the early favorite.
- Cornell Urquhart, TE/DL, Benedictine (Richmond, VA), Class of 2014
The 6’4″, 240-pound Urquhart does not have any offers at this point but could be one to watch in the class of 2014. He is a good athlete with good size.
In addition, a handful of players out of Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.) were seen in attendance. We’ll work to confirm these and any other recruits that may have been in Charlottesville last night.